Petra Vlhova came out on top in the last giant slalom for the ladies prior to finals in Soldeu, Andorra. By taking the lead, Vlhova surpassed France’s Tessa Worley in the overall giant slalom standings and now trails Mikaela Shiffrin by 97 points.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg finished 0.11 seconds off of Vlhova’s total time to take second. Shiffrin laid down the fastest second run of the day, but her speed was not enough to overcome the 1.33-second deficit created between herself and Vlhova post first run. In the end, Shiffrin rose from fourth to third, finishing 0.60 seconds off of Vlhova.
The Austrian women had a strong showing in Spindleruv Mlyn. Eva-Maria Brem and Katharina Truppe both charged from later bibs to break into the top ten in sixth and eighth, respectively. Their teammate, Ricarda Haaser finished ninth to bring the total number of Austrian women in the top of the field up to three.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Petra Vlhova (SVK): 2:24.80
- Viktoria Rebensburg (GER): +0.11
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): +0.60
- Federica Brignone (ITA): +1.49
- Meta Hrovat (SLO): +1.83
- Eva-Maria Brem (AUT): +1.97
- Tessa Worley (FRA): +2.18
- Katharina Truppe (AUT): +2.49
- Ricarda Haaser (AUT): +2.62
- Frida Hansdotter (SWE): +2.68
For complete FIS results, please click here.